Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Balanced Life Weekly #40

Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of Balanced Life Weekly. A weekly blog of what is going on in my life.

Healthy

Ok so this past week I was actually up 0.6 pounds and that is Ok because it is muscle gain once again. My shirts are looser and my belt is having to go up a notch now instead of down, so I am definitely losing fat for sure. Course I could have done better if not for a sore lower back last week which curtailed my regular cardio workout. But I am optimistic this week I will turn things around when I hit the scale on Friday morning.

I had a nice conversation with my friend Ken at church on Sunday. Ken is a personal trainer at another facility and he gave me some insight on scales that measure body fat, he said it is not unusual for them to be off about 5% or so but the key thing is to look for the number to go down each week consistently. That made me feel better as I have noticed mine does fluctuate quite a bit. Then again it was a $35 scale so the accuracy may not be as good as a more pricer but better one.

Wise

So last week I talked about Texas, this week I haven't really done research on it as much since I view Austin as part of a 5 year plan. I have been diving into some social media apps however. One of them is TweetDeck, I have tried TweetDeck before but found I was not impressed. But I have to say they have made some great improvements to their desktop app! The iPhone version is about the same and the iPad version is basically a Twitter client with no support for Facebook, LinkedIn, or FourSquare. I will give it a review in one of my tech blogs though.

Wealthy

I have said before that wealth is not strictly tied to money or income. Wealth can come from the personal connections you make. For example I consider my life to have a lot of wealth with having a wonderful wife in my life.

With that being said, I had a wonderful opportunity last Wednesday to spend a few hours with my friend Jeremy. We had lunch at Cafe212 which is an awesome lunch place btw. We talked about the iPad 2 announcement that day, politics, and of course a lot about health. Jeremy is training to run a 10k in April and has lost a lot of weight himself. He is a big source of inspiration for me and we will be running a 5k here in Tupelo in June. We even checked out the park where the 5k will take place at and got a good feel for it. Oh and I got to try out his Kindle I am so sold on getting one now! So it was a great afternoon to hang out in a beautiful Tupelo.

Faith

Of course today is Ash Wednesday which marks the start of Lent. I have been thinking about what to give up during Lent and I decided to give up all games I play. So no CityVille, Angry Birds, Flight Control, etc., also I won't watch as much news all day, after a while it can get pretty negative and I find myself yelling at the television at a talking head type. I intend to replace both of these with more reading and time for prayer. I have not done a good job with a daily prayer life so this will give me a good running start at doing better with that.

Well, that is going to do it for this edition of Balanced Life Weekly. I would like to point out I wrote this entire blog just using my iPad instead of my MacBook, thank you BlogPress! See you all next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment