Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Balanced Life Weekly #36

Hello folks and welcome to another installment of Balanced Life Weekly! I’m going to get right into things I am excited about this week.

Health

Lot to be thankful for in this area. The most important of those is my father was discharged from the hospital on Monday and is now home and recovering thank God! He was there for about a week and he is very happy to be home and resting in familiar surroundings and enjoying home meals. It has a little more way to go before he has a complete recovery, but this was a huge step!

Now to my own health. Last week I was down 1,959 calories and I worked out my 5 days at the gym (I give myself Wed. and Sun. off). I worked my cardio arms and legs last week and as a result I am now down a total of 6 pounds since starting 2 weeks ago! So I am averaging about 3 pounds a week in weight loss and I should hit my goal of weighting 175 pounds by November 17th which would be my 10th wedding anniversary, what a gift I am giving to my wife but more importantly it is a gift I am giving to myself. The more I exercise and watch my calories, I am finding it easier to do. If I want to have a big dinner with my wife, I simply go conservative on the lunch and breakfast. I know I have mentioned this app before but for those that missed it Lose It! is an awesome app to track both your workouts and your calories for the day as well as logging your weight loss. Also my wife has been working out with me so having an exercise partner is important and having a friend to keep you accountable as well. I am thankful for my wife, and my friends Jeremy and Dave who motivate me both in their encouragement to me and their own activities. You guys rock!!

Wise

So I continue to be more of a better reader in 2011 and the recordings continue to pile on the DVR. I haven’t seen an episode of Conan in 3 weeks but I am up to date on NCIS, NCIS: L.A. and The Biggest Loser. I am reading Jeff Cavins’ book, “I’m Not Being Fed” where I am up to chapter 8. If you are a member of Goodreads, I have a profile there so look me up. I have a lot more books to read after this one so this should be a great year of reading for me.

Faith

I didn’t get to go to daily Mass all last week but I did go Wednesday and of course on Sunday, I also went to Reconciliation on Saturday. I try to do that once every month, it is a sacrament that as Catholics we should all take part in, to me it is like a shower for your soul.

Well, that will do it for this edition of Balanced Life Weekly. Look forward to updating you all next week on my continuing goals both in health and and other matters. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment